A - For obtaining a licence - to manufacture IMFL/alcohol/palm liquor/ cashew liquor/country liquor.      

        Who is entitled to apply?  .

  1. Any person desirous of obtaining a licence to establish and work a distillery or brewery or winery - Rule 41(B) and Rule 52(A) Modern Distillery - Notification No.Fin(Rev.)/LAQ/68(A) dated 5-4-72 - Rules 85 and 85A.
  2. A tapper desiring to tap trees Rule 56 entitle to manufacture coconut liquor - Rule 65.
  3. Owner/tenant of cashew grove for extraction of cashew juice - Rule 70(2).
  4. A successful bidder/tenders in public auction entitle to distill liquor - Rules 73.


B - Who is entitle for licence:

a) (i)  For manufacture of IMFL/Beer/Wine/Alcohol:
      -     A licensee who has obtained establishment licence.

   (ii)  For manufacture of Beer by Pub Brewery/Microbrewery:
      -     A licensee who has obtained a Bar & restaurant licence.


b) For manufacture of coconut liquor:
- A licensed toddy tapper.


c) For manufacture of cashew liquor:
- A successful bidder/tenderer in public auction.
-    A licensee who obtained establishment licence to set up modern            


d) For manufacture of country liquor from permissible raw material other than Toddy/Cashew juice:

-   A licensee who obtained establishment licence under Rule 85 and 85A.




A - For establishment of manufacturing unit.

a) A person of major age, a partnership firm or a legal company may apply to the Commissioner of Excise and comply as under:

i) Application with court fee stamp of Rs.2/-.

ii) A plan of the building

iii) A Challan evidencing payment of Rs.20,00,000/- (non-refundable).

iv) A site plan.

v) Plan of the building with description of the stills, apparatus, vessels and other utensils as the case may be.

vi) Estimated cost of the project.

vii) Estimated capacity of production.

viii) Certificate of Pollution Control Board.

ix) Project report.

b) The project requires prior approval of Government.

c) A licensee should establish his unit within one year or within further extended one more year not exceeding two years and obtain a licence to manufacture liquor in Form E-15 Rule 41, 42 and 43.

d) A licensee should obtain a permit for private bonded warehouse in Form E-12 (Rule 22)

e) A licensee should execute bond in Form E-5, E-6 and E-11 as the case may be.

f) A licensee should requisition services of E.I. for supervision of his unit from Commissioner of Excise.



B – How to become a licensed Toddy Tapper?

  1. A Tapper should fill declaration form E-17 in triplicate.
  2. Obtain counter signature of owner of trees in Form E-17.
  3. Present declaration to area Excise Guard and obtain chalan in form E-18.
  4. Present declaration and chalan to Taluka Excise Inspector.
  5. Pay monthly installment of tree tax in advance.
  6. Obtain tapping licence in Form E-19 from Excise Inspector.
  7. Be a member of Toddy Tapper Welfare Fund.
  8. See that trees are marked and numbered properly before tapping.

C – How to become a licensed manufacturer of cashew liquor.

  1. Either by setting up a modern distillery or by acquiring right of distillation in the public auction of cashew zones held every year by Excise Department.



Distillery          b) Before end of May every year person desiring to set up Modern        
                        Distillery should apply to Commissioner of Excise for allotment of  
                        cashew zones.

                        c) In October every year pay estimated excise duty fixed for allotment of cashew zones.

                        d) Obtain a licence to manufacture of cashew liquor by paying licence fee.

 As a

Bidder           e)  Deposit earnest money of Rs.100/- for taking part in the



Extraction of Cashew Juice & Still licence


  1. Be a successful bidder/tenderer.
  2. Pay on the spot first installment towards bid amount or total amount of tender as soon as bid/tender accepted by the committee.
  3. Within five days declare to the Excise Inspector, the places where stills will be erected within the cashew zone.
  4. Pay licence fee and obtain licence in Form E-23 from Excise Inspector.
  5. Purchase cashew juice from licensed cashew juice extractors at the rates fixed by the Government.
  6. Dispose cashew liquor distilled before the end of December for which licence has been granted.

Licence to bottle country liquor/IMFL/Beer/Wine.

  1. Pre- requirements:- A person should be either a licensed manufacturer of excisable articles or licensed wholesale dealer in country  liquor to apply for licence.
  2. A licensed manufacturer/wholesale dealer in country liquor should apply to Commissioner of Excise for a license to bottle excisable articles.
  3. Obtain a licence in Form E-16 before commencement of bottling operations on payment of fees.
  4. Record the labels on brands of liquor with the Commissioner of Excise on payment of label recording fees before bottling any brand of liquor.
  5. Renew bottling licence every year and pay label renewal fees for re-grant of labels.
  6. Give advance notice to Excise Inspector before starting bottling operation.

 Blending of Country Liquor.

  1. Person either should be a licensed wholesale dealer in country liquor or licensed manufacturer of country liquor can apply for licence to blend country liquor.
  2. Licensed manufacturer or wholesale dealer in country liquor should apply to Commissioner of Excise for a licence to blend country liquor.
  3. Renew every year blending licence on payment of fees.


Sale of Liquor.

  1. Application in Form E-28.
  2. Birth Certificate.
  3. Plan of proposed premises and site plan.
  4. Copy of document proving ownership of the land and proposed premises.
  5. NOC of the owner of the premises when applicant is not the owner.
  6. In case liquor to be served for consumption in the premises the applicant should produce a restaurant licence.
  7. Affidavit stating that he is not holding any licence for sale of liquor and proposed premises does not have any connecting link with residential premises.
  8. The person desiring to obtain licence for sale of excisable article should submit application in Form E-28 and other documents connected thereto  to the Taluka Excise Inspector in whose jurisdiction sale activity falls.
  9. Excise Inspector refer the issue to the Village Panchayat/ Municipality and Health Officer for no objection.
  10. After receiving the say of the concerned authority Excise Inspector will prepare inspection report and forward all the documents  to the Commissioner of Excise for sanction along with the challan paid towards the processing fees as applicable.
  11. On receipt of the file, after examining the issue on merits, office of the Commissioner of Excise shall seek the clearance from Police authorities regarding antecedents of the applicant and also to Tourism Department in case licence is meant for consumption on the restaurant premises, where proposed premises comes within the purview of objectionable items.
  12. If the proposed premised attracts objectionable items stilpulated in Rule 90(4) that office of the Commissioner of Excise shall send the matter to the Government for approval.





  1. Wholesale dealer or manufacturer is entitled to import and export excisable articles.
  2. Wholesaler/manufacturer shall obtain NOC from the Commissioner of Excise in the case of import of alcohol/spirits, Overseas Export of the excisable articles and import/export of Molasses and subsequenly apply in Form E-1 and E-3 to the Commissioner of Excise through the Excise Inspectors, incharge of the Talukas and the manufacturing units; for import and export of excisable articles on permits in Form E-2 and E-4 respectively wherever applicable.



  1. Any licensed vendor of liquor /manufacturer can apply for transport permit to the Excise Inspector incharge of Taluka or Excise Inspector of manufacturing units.
  2. Any person who is intending to purchase duty paid excisable articles from wholesale vendor in the quantity more than the prescribed limits for transport and/or possession, may request the wholesale dealers for transport permits before transporting excisable articles from the place of purchase to his residential premises or any other place permitted for the purpose.
  3. Any person who is intending to carry liquor bottles for his/her personal consumption while leaving Goa State may obtain transport permits from authorized dealers /Taluka Excise Stations or office of the Commissioner of Excise /Officer incharge of Excise Checkpost in Form E7A on payment of permit fee of Rs.10/- per permit.



  1. Any educational Institution, Industrial Unit/manufacturing unit other than manufacturer of excisable articles can possess alcohol /rectified spirit on permit granted by the Asst. Commissioner of Excise by providing details of bonafide use of alcohol.
  2. Any person who is intending to possess articles in quantity beyond the prescribed limits can possess only after obtaining possession permit from the Asst. Commissioner of Excise on an application, justifying the purpose for which the excisable articles are to be utilised.



  1. Any licensed manufacturer/dealer in liquor who are intending to procure raw material such as alcohol/ molasses/R.S/E.N.A / Foreign Liquor from Custom Warehouse, shall apply to the Commissioner of Excise for No Objection Certificate to transport/ import excisable articles including molasses.




  1. Any person desiring to manufacture Medicinal and Toilet preparations from Food and Drugs Administration under Cosmetic and Drug Act 1940.
  2. Such person who are holding licence under Drugs and Cosmetic Act,1940 should apply to the Commissioner of Excise under Rule 83 of M and TP (Rules 1956) for a licence in a prescribed Form E-13 duly filled in all particulars appended thereto.
  3. Such application should be accompanied with the following documents:

a) Site and elevation plans of the manufactory building showing therein internal layout of different rooms with the position of doors and windows.

       iv.Additional information are to be furnished as under :

  1.  The name or names, and the address or addresses of the person or persons applying; if the  applicant is a firm; the name and   address of every partner of the firm, and if the  applicant is a company, the registered name and address thereof ; the names of the Directors, Manager and Managing Agents, the name of the Managing Director if any and also the names of the authorised signatories.
  2. The amount of capital proposed to be invested in the venture.
  3. The name of the place, and the site on which the building or buildings housing the bonded or non-bonded manufactory is/are situated or to be constructed.
  4. The approximate date from which the applicant desires to commence working the manufactory in case the required licence is granted.
  5. The number and full description of the vats, stills and other permanent apparatus and machinery which the applicant wished to set up or work.
  6. The maximum quantities in London Proof Litres of alcohol and alcohol content in unfinished and finished preparations and the maximum quantities by weight of opium, Indian hemp or other narcotic drugs and their content in unfinished and finished preparations, which are likely to remain in the manufactory at one time.
  7. Whether the proposed bonded manufactory will require the service of whole time or part time Excise Officer.
  8. The kind and number of each licence under these (Drugs and Cosmetics Act 1940 (23 of 1940) held by the applicant; and
  9. A list of all preparations which the licensee proposes to manufacture in his manufactory showing the percentage or proportion of alcohol in terms of London Proof Litres contained in each preparation containing alcohol, or of opium, Indian hemp or other narcotic drug or a narcotic, in terms of weight in preparation containing those substances, quoting the authority (pharmacopeia) under which such preparation are proposed to be manufactured.